1. A Trophy to be called "The East Lancashire Handicap Trophy", shall be competed for under Handicap conditions, by teams of four male players from each club, on some Saturday in May or early June of each year.
2. Each Club shall hold a Qualifying Stroke Competition under Handicap Play conditions prior to the date of the E.L.G.A. Competition. All members with recognised handicaps are eligible to play, but handicap allowance is limited to 25.(Amended 2017, Was 18)
3. From each Club four male players returning the best nett scores in the Qualifying Competition shall play in the E.L.G.A. Competition under handicap limited to 25-
4. The Club whose team returns the best aggregate of four nett scores in the E.L.G.A. Competition shall hold the Trophy for one year.
5. In the event of a tie for the Trophy it shall be decided in the manner provided for the President's Trophy Competition.
6. Prizes will be awarded for the best three nett scores. In the event of a tie or ties it shall be decided by comparison of cards as in Regulation 6 of The Lancashire Union of Golf Club's Regulations for Competitions.