1. This Competition is limited to 60 male player/members with a handicap of 8 or under.
2. The Competitors shall play 36 holes medal play and the 8 Competitors returning the best gross scores shall qualify for the quarter finals of the matchplay stage. In the event of a tie for these places, regulation 6 of the Lancs. Union of Golf Clubs shall apply.
The Competition shall proceed by matchplay and the winner of the final, which shall be played over 18 holes shall receive the trophy which he shall be entitled to hold for 12 months.
The winner shall also receive a replica of the trophy.
3. Prizes will be awarded to the runner-
4. In the event of a tie in the quarter-
5. In the event of a qualifier having to retire, the matchplay stages are to be played as drawn.