General Regulations for the Competitions -
1. A competitor must have been a Subscribing Member or Life Member of the Club that represents for at least three months immediately preceding the date of the Competition, and shall have reached the age of 16 on the day of the Competition (in which he/she is competing), or if under 16, shall on that day have a handicap of 6 or under. This age and handicap restriction shall not apply to any Junior Competition. The eligibility of any player to compete is at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
2. The Executive Committee shall for the purpose of the Competitions, revise and approve the Local Rules of any Course over which the Competitions may be played.
3. The time of starting in all Competitions will be laid down by the Executive Committee. (Rule 53.a Applies) All players in a group must be present and ready to play at the time established by the Executive Committee and should report to the starter at least five minutes before their start time. If the player arrives at his starting point, ready to play, within five minutes after his starting time, in the absence of circumstances that warrant waiving the penalty of disqualification as provided in Rule 33-
4. If it becomes impossible to complete the competition in accordance with the conditions thereof because of adverse weather conditions or other circumstances which in the opinion of the committee make it impossible or impractical to do so, the committee shall be empowered to vary such conditions to the extent necessary to achieve a result within the time available.
Suspension, Resumption & Abandonment of Play (R&A Rule 6-
When play is suspended by the Committee for a dangerous situation, if the players in a match or group are between the play of two holes they must not resume play until the Committee has ordered a resumption of play. If they are in the process of playing a hole THEY MUST DISCONTINUE PLAY IMMEDIATELY and not thereafter resume play until the Committee has ordered a resumption of play. If a player fails to discontinue play immediately, he is disqualifi ed, unless circumstances warrant waiving such penalty as provided in Rule 33.7. The signal for suspending play due to a dangerous situation will be one prolonged blast of the klaxon. All other suspensions will be signalled by three consecutive blasts of the klaxon.
Suspension of Play shall be signalled as follows:
Discontinue Play Immediately -
Discontinue Play -
Resume Play -
Abandon Play -
5. All disputes shall be reported to the Secretary of the Association, who shall lay the same before the members of the Executive Committee who may be present, and their decision shall be final.
6. These Regulations may be added to or altered at any Annual General Meeting without previous notice having been given.
PENALTY for breach of condition: Disqualification.
For a player to use a buggy in tournament play, he must prove that he is registered disabled in accordance with the