This Code of Conduct has been written to make sure that all young golfers playing for East Lancashire Golf Association know the standards of behaviour that are expected of them when playing for the junior team.
This will help the volunteers, coaches and staff at the golf club to look after the team members and make sure that every young person is able to enjoy their time whilst playing for the association.
1)Treat all other golfers, whether adult or junior with the same respect and fairness you would expect them to show you.
2)All golfers should be able to participate in golf without fear of ridicule, harassment or restriction and uphold this value in all that you do.
3)Demonstrate fair play on and off the course. Respect differences in gender, disability, culture, race, ethnicity and religious beliefs between yourself and others.
4) Do not engage in any irresponsible, abusive, inappropriate or illegal behaviour.
5) Challenge behaviour that falls below the expected standard of the golf club.
6) Speak out if you are concerned about anything, your own needs or, the needs of others.
7) Be organised and on time.
8) IMPORTANT:-Do not leave the golf club following a match or competition without the knowledge or permission of the Junior Organiser or the person in charge.
9) Follow the golf club rules and dress code both on and off the course.
10) At the end of each match a player should present himself in, jacket, slacks, shirt and tie. They should be present at the meal after the match unless there are extenuating circumstances about which the Junior Organisers should be made aware of.
11) Listen to the Junior Organiser and other representatives of the golf club and comply with their requests. They have your best interests and those of the whole group in mind.
12) Demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour at all times.
13 Advise the Junior Organiser of any medical condition which may affect your standard of play or cause concern. .
14) If selected and later find you are unable to play it is your responsibility to immediately notify the Junior Organiser of your non-availability in order to facilitate a replacement.
15) You should not:...................
a-Consume alcohol or take illegal and performance enhancing drugs.
b- Use foul language
c- Engage in sexual behaviour
d- Gamble (e.g. on gaming machines)