Adults 2023 > Rules & Regulations > Adult Event Rules
1. A Trophy to be called "The East Lancashire Handicap Trophy", shall be competed for
under Handicap conditions, by teams of four male players from each club, on some Saturday
or Sunday in May or early June of each year.
2. Each Club shall hold a Qualifying Stroke Competition under Handicap Play conditions
prior to the date of the E.L.G.A. Competition. All members with recognised handicaps are
eligible to play, but the Handicap Index is limited to 25.4.
3. From each Club four male players returning the best nett scores in the Qualifying
Competition shall play in the E.L.G.A. Competition with the Handicap Index limited to 25.4.
4. The Club whose team returns the best aggregate of four nett scores in the E.L.G.A.
Competition shall hold the Trophy for one year.
5. In the event of a tie for the Trophy it shall be decided by comparison of cards, as outlined
in General Rule 6.
6. Prizes will be awarded for the best three nett scores. In the event of a tie or ties In the
event of a tie it shall be decided by comparison of cards, as outlined in General Rule 6.